I was just informed about this artist that is getting a lot of hate/wank because they drew an art piece with Castiel wearing Dean’s amulet from previous seasons. They had this cool idea that Cas could wear that amulet and Dean could wear the vial of Castiel’s grace. It’s actually a pretty brilliant thought.
But fandom being fandom, somewhere in the world you take a piss and someone has to say something about it…
Let’s just get a few things straight:
- Bitching about an artist to your followers in an obvious attempt to incite people to be assholes is NOT OKAY. It’s actually called being a douche. Apparently, an artist expressing themselves warrants criticism from the world, but someone being a jerk to an artist does not. See the flaw in this logic?
- People re-gift things! The amulet was originally not meant for Dean, remember? It was for John, but Sam reconsidered that idea and gave it to Dean. This amulet was already re-gifted once.
- Dean could give that amulet to Cas. It may not be likely, but it could happen. And it wouldn’t be the end of the world. People usually pass down gifts when an item has value to them and they want to share that with another important person in their life. Think of a wedding gift a son or daughter receives from their mother to pass down to another person. Friends do it, too. If you watch the X-Files, you’ll know that Mulder gave Scully an Apollo medallion early in the series ; ” it symbolized teamwork, partnership… it meant no one gets there alone.” In the 8th season, Scully gave that VERY important gift to her new partner, John Doggett. Why? She wanted to pass down that very same sentiment to him. In that episode, Mulder was jealous that Scully “re-gifted” but then got over it. And amazingly enough, the medallion gets passed yet again to another person, someone who values Mulder/Scully and knows the importance of that medallion (Leyla Harrison - aka the NON-ANNOYING version of Becky).
- THE ONLY PEOPLE BEING DELIBERATELY ANTAGONISTICALLY RUDE ARE THOSE I SCREENCAPPED ABOVE. YOU’RE ALL BEING INSANELY RUDE. People in this fandom need to stop being so quick to vilify others just because they ship something that you don’t. Don’t even try to pretend that’s not the REAL reason you’re upset. OMG, a Destiel shipper created art that upset me. Tough! People can draw shit that you don’t like. Or did you think every artist has to send you their art for approval? And that isn’t rude? Your ego complex? Pfft…
- The show has never referred to the amulet as “the samulet” that is fanon speak, alright? Yes, the gift was given to Dean by Sam, but once you get a gift, you take it as your own. It, of course, still represents family but it’s something that became Dean’s! That’s why it was HIS choice to throw it away in the trashcan. But I don’t see anyone saying Dean was “RUDE!” in doing that. People actually thinking it’s worse to re-gift something because you VALUE it’s significance and want to pass that value to another person than to THROW AWAY the item are being obnoxiously nonsensical.
I guess I shouldn’t expect this situation to be handled with any objectivity or reason. It’s just people who hate Destiel shippers looking for a reason to be offended and angry.
Well you found a reason. I hope you’re happy being jerks to others.
To the artist: I hope you’re not letting this get you down. The fact that you can actually DRAW like that is astonishing. I very much doubt anyone criticizing you has enough talent to draw a straight line. :P
ETA: Please note that SupernaturalPsychopaths was not the person who started this. The original statement I made erroneously inferred this. This all actually came from http://chiazu.tumblr.com. Carry on!
Everytime I stumble upon a shipwar I’m really confused and like
and if I, by any chance, find out what’s going on I’m like
You’re fighting over something like this?
my little sister and i went to go see the great gatsby and the power just went out in the theatre because of a storm and the movie shut off and after a few seconds i just went “well this is a mediocre gatsby” and everyone groaned and four people left
“Find a wife. Make babies.”
Well, he’s never done what he was told. Not completely.
DO YOU EVER CAS SO MUCH YOU DEAN BUT THEN YOU DEAN SO MUCH YOU SAM
Well that escalated quickly…
i’d reblog if i were you
this happened to my sisters cousins husbands moms grandmas brothers wifes cat.
reblogging just in case
this is a psa
social anxiety is:
a feeling of being judged by others, a sometimes crippling anxiety or fear of people or social situations
it is not:
being a loner and/or not having too many friends
What’s with the rubbing?
just dean marveling at the beauty of their love child
What would they name him?!?! Robert Jonathan Winchester? Yes? Ok.
ITS BEN BARNES GOD DAMMIT
FACTS ABOUT THINGS:
- TUMBLR WAS GETTING TOO EXPENSIVE. THEIR OPTIONS WERE TO EITHER SELL IT OR SHUT IT DOWN.
- YAHOO SAYS THEY’RE GOING TO LET IT RUN AS AN INDEPENDENT BUSINESS. IN THEORY, NOTHING WILL CHANGE EXCEPT FOR WHO’S LEGALLY OWNING IT.
- NOW EVERYONE CALM DOWN.
THINGS PEOPLE SHOULD BE REBLOGGING
^THIS. PEOPLE NEED TO SHUT UP AND LISTEN.
BLOCK THIS PERSON - DO NOT REBLOG THEM
Am I the only one who thinks he looks like he’s aggressively screaming meow?
JESUS YOU’RE RIGHT
i have seen this meow on my dash for ages and now i cant even remember what hes really sayin
somebody should put him in the movie thing with the screaming lion
IT HAPPENED AGAIN
I STARTED SOMETHING GUYS
THIS NEVER HAPPENS
Ssssweeeeet Benedict, sssleeping in our bed. Yesss, yesss…
We strokesss it, we petsss its hair.
this is officially the funniest post ever
The only known photo of tumblr user pizza